- Hits: 985
Israelites are descendants of Prophet Jacob, son of Prophet Ishaq, the second son of Prophet Ibrahim. Prophet Jacob is also named Israel by Allah Tala, which means slave of God. Prophet Ishaq had settled in Syria and Palestine along with his family. With the passage of time, Israelites formed a self-chosen named religion, Judaism, which is not mentioned in The Torah and is based on an intermix of revelation and man-made laws.
- Hits: 2384
Table of Contents
Section 2: Muslim Movements
Section 3: American Muslim Reformers
- Hits: 18301
Masjid Al-Aqsa is the third holiest Masjid for Muslims. It is the second Masjid built on earth, forty years after the Masjid Al-Haram, housing the Kabah in Makkah. Below is a short list of the spiritual significance of the Masjid.
· the first Qiblah of the Muslims
· the station of Al-Isra and Al-Miraj (the miraculous journey of Muhammad (s.a.a.w.)
· the second house of Allah built on earth
· a place which Allah Himself calls a 'blessed place'
· referred to directly and indirectly, 70 times in the Holy Quran
· the only place on earth where all the Messengers of Allah prayed at the same time led by the Muhammad (s.a.a.w.)
· the only Masjid mentioned by name in the Holy Quran apart from the Ka'bah
Allah T'ala says in The Quran:
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ
Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing. (17:1)
Masjid Al-Aqsa is located in Jerusalem. Most people identify it with the Dome of The Rock and do not know that Masjid Al-Aqsa is the entire compound bounded by walls. The following picture explains it well.